Friday, March 15, 2013

Proposal Story!


(Blogger deleted my last post on this...sorry for the repost!)

So I figured I would share my propostal story. I actually almost mised my chance at getting engaged that day!

H proposed on February 25, 2010. I was 22 years old and a Senior in college.

I went to college close to home and commuted my Senior year, and I still rode in college with my barn and showed with them. Well, one after class H wanted to go to the barn. I wasn't sure why...it was hailing and raining. But he insisted. I was so hungry, I kept whining how I wanted food, but H kept saying that can wait. So we get to the barn, and for some reason it stops hailing and raining. It was a sign. So H goes to the pasture, gets Shirley, and hands her to me, and then gives some speech on how he loves us both and got down on one knee.

The first thing I say is "did you ask my dad?" Haha. What a typical Southern girl thing to say :) (Turns out he helped him pick the ring)

Of course I said yes! Then we went back to my parents house where a cake, champange and family members were waiting :)

I love how H included Shirley and proposed at the barn where I really learned how to ride and grew up. The next night we went to a horse show awards banquet where I got to show off my ring more :)

We were married on April 30, 2011.

Ahhh. I love sweet proposals. And weddings.

I realize how young H and I were and how much we have grown.




No comments:

Post a Comment