Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pasta with Garlic and Cheese Sauce

I enjoy cooking. It's a way for me to relax after a long day (it's also in my blood with my very Italian family). When I found this recipe on My Life as a Mrs. I immediately wanted to try this. I did adjust a bit. I used penne and I used jarred garlic as I had it on hand and I used shredded mozzarella as my hubby doesn't like Parmesan.

Reading the recipe reviews many said they couldn't believe there was no cream. Wow were they right!

Adapted from My Life as a Mrs. http://www.mylifeasamrs.com/2012/01/gnocchi-in-parmesan-garlic-sauce.html


1 pound pasta (I used penne)
1/4 cup cooking liquid (the water you cooked the pasta in)
1/2 stick of butter
1 tsp jarred garlic or 1 clove
1 cup shredded mozzarella


Cook the pasta al dente. In another pan melt the butter then mix the garlic stirring constantly for 1 minute.

Drain the pasta saving 1/4 of the liquid. Mix the pasta with the butter/garlic and then top with the liquid and the cheese. Simmer and stir until mixed.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.


Sooooo yummy. I love it.

Speaking of kitchens...we are working with a designer on picking out cabinets and granite. I wish I had more of an exciting update but that's all for now.

Also we are adding an addition to our house (yay!) and getting a closet system for our master closet. Lots of plans!

I love reading your comments :)










1 comment:

  1. Yum! Adding this to my recipe list (ps- I buy the same minced garlic).

    ReplyDelete