Sunday, March 3, 2013

Gravity

Why the title of this post you ask? Well, that is because I have officially FOUND my perfect grey living room paint!

I appreciate the sellers painting the house a neutral color (well, with the exception of the ugly wallpaper in the kitchen!), however, it was not our style. It was too much of an olive green/beige. So not us. After seeing many photos on Pinterest of grey living rooms, I was intrigued.

So you remember in my last living room post, I was dealing with these 2 grey colors (both from Valspar)....Wet Pavement on the left, and Granite Dust on the right. I was unhappy with the Wet Pavement, as I thought it was too dark. Granite Dust was too blue for my taste.


 
 
So. I decided to go back to Lowes, and find another grey...with my mother in law's help, I found the perfect grey!
 
MEET....GRAVITY!
 
 
 
 
H primed the area, and I applied the new color in between my other two. I love it. I am such a Valspar fan (for their high quality paint, and their support to Habitat for Humanity, an organization I volunteer with and enjoy being a part of). I was thrilled. I then went onto Pinterest to see how others used this color and I came across these (thus making me even more excited!). Not only are we doing our living room, we are doing this in our entrance and hallway as well!
 
Here is a photo I found on Pinterest with Gravity. (Love the headboard!)
 
 
 
 
 
Also, a housewarming gift from my mother in law....I wanted one of these so badly! We went to Home Goods (love that store), and she offered to buy it. I cannot wait to hang it when the wall is painted grey :)
 
 
 
 
 
Do you think I chose the right grey? I love how our house is coming together and turning into our home. I would love your comments!

1 comment: