Saturday, March 16, 2013

Do Good.

We all know I volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and that I love it. Well today was another volunteer day! It makes me so happy.


Today we installed wire lath. What is that? Well it's a wire material instead before installing stucco to a house. Stucco is so common in Florida. Our house is stucco.

I had so much fun. It was the same crew as always and it's a blast. The best part? I got to use more power tools ;) we focused on the area on the screened in porch around the sliding glass door.

As a little girl I dreamed of being a princess (sigh....Kate) and I was always told that a princess has one duty-"do good." I try to apply this to my life whenever I can....and it feels great. I can't wait to volunteer again next week! I am thankful for the friendships I've gained and also for the mentors who have taught me useful (and free!) skills I can use as a homeowner.

Naturally...photos from today. I cut the wire piece (and learned how to measure it using a chalk line tool-so awesome) and then drilled screws.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment