Saturday, July 27, 2013

Two Timing Pasta bake

I found this recipe on Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour (pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com). It was one of those recipes that just seemed so simple why bother. Wow I'm glad I did! It was so good, easy, it freezes well and it's easily adaptable (add chicken or ground need). Since we are in the middle of a kitchen Reno we are trying to keep meals simple. Also with Matt being away on business "easy" is music to my ears :)

You need:



1 box pasta
1 15 oz jar Alfredo sauce
1 24 oz jar tomato sauce (mine was 23.5. Close enough ;)!)
2 cups mozzarella shredded (I only had 1 cup and it was fine)
1 cup Parmesan cheese (the recipe called for shredded, I used grated it was fine). 



Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta al dente. Mix the Alfredo and red sauce in a bowl. 



After pasta is cooked, mix the sauce and pasta. Fold in mozzarella. 


Pour into baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan. Out back into oven and bake for another 5 minutes (I just turned off the oven for this part. 

Obviously the Parmesan didn't melt as well as if it was shredded but that's ok :)



Yum! I froze half for later. 



Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment