Friday, July 12, 2013

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies!


Happy Saturday! Its a 3 day weekend for me :) I took Monday off. Just because!

I had 4 oz of cream cheese after making the Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese. I didn't want to make more of it so I googled recipes for an idea. I found this recipe for cream cheese chocolate chip cookies from Betchacantjusteatone.wordpress.com and I figured that was a perfect way to use it. All I needed was chocolate chips! We kept some and I gave the rest for Matt to take to work. 


They're pretty good! This is more of a chewy cookie. Anddddd its egg free! So I may or may have felt innocent licking the spoon ;)
  
You Need:

4 oz soft cream cheese
3/4 cups unsalaried butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups + 3 tsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Original recipe said to line baking sheets but I used nonstick spray and it was fine. 

Cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugars util fluffy. Add vanilla. 


Mix together dry ingredients and gradually add the mix to the butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. 






Scoop out cookies and place on sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes until light golden brown (it took mine the full 14). 





Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment