Sunday, July 14, 2013

Our new living room furniture!

I am so excited. So so excited. Why? Because we bought a new living room set!

This is exciting for us because for the past 2 years we've been married we have been using a leather chair that was given to us (with an ottoman) and a couch we bought from ikea when we first  got married....and neither match. 

I have a love/hate relationship with ikea. Our couch has been through 3 moves, lots of people sleeping on it...it's been a good couch. But now. It's time to get rid of it. 


So what are we replacing this couch with? We got a set consisting of a sofa, love seat and chaise! 







It's from Badcock and its called the 'Mahalo' as there is a couch that has the same pattern as the accent pillows shown in the picture available. We opted out of that for the love seat. The pattern isn't our style. 

At first I wasn't sure of the color so Matt suggested I get a ton of paint color strips and we hold it against the color to make sure it would go with many wall colors, and it passed the test :). 

Now because of it, I have a new color I am painting our hallway with. But that's for another post :)

Its funny how something as a living room set can feel so validating! It arrives July 29. 

As for the ikea couch? We are donating it to Habitat for Humanity. I hope someone gets great use out of it. 

Speaking of Habitat, I am ready for August 3 as that is when the next house starts for the team I'm on :). 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's a 3 day weekend for me. I am taking tomorrow off to get some stuff done with Matt (as he's off Mondays). 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment