Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Delay in posting, purchases, and how I styled them!

Sorry for the delay in posting! We had to wait for Comcast to finally hook our new house to our account, and then I went on a trip back home to North Carolina.

While I was there, my mom and I went shopping. I come from a small town with a little mall. They do have Maurices though, which is hit or miss.

Maurices is great for basics (especially their camis...LOVEEE) but they do have cute pieces every now and then. They also have their take 10 program, for every $10 you spend you get a punch. After 25 you get a $10 gift card, and the punches never expire!

I will say this trip was a hit! I purchased all 5 pieces I tried on. Here is what I got, and then how I styled the pieces. I also bought a yellow cardigan (that was on my want list for a while) and a purple V neck wrap sweater (both pictured as well).

I love this jacket. I love the military influnce but the girly touches of the ruffles and the peplum.




I love this scarf....the colors and the pattern mixing. It was the last one, and it was on the display, so I grabbed it!






I love this dress, it's perfect for FL weather.



Here is how I styled the pieces.


Here is the purple sweater...it's super lightweight, and on clearence for $12, it's great for work. I love the color as well.



I wore the cardigan and the dress together! I love look, and it was great for work.





I wore the jacket with my leopard scarf, and I love the combo.



Last, the mixed print scarf.




I love mixing new pieces in my current wardrobe, making older pieces feel 'new' again!

Leave your comments :)

1 comment: