Sunday, April 7, 2013

Paint Mistake?

So as homeownership entails, there is always something to be done now. Another project we planned to do that was on the easy side was to paint the guest bathroom.

We decided a peach color would be good. Our house seems to becoming matte colors, so I went to Lowes to get samples of peach colored paint.

As I was looking at the paint cards, an employee informed me that a gallon of Valspar Peach Champagne was made on accident and was on the sale table for $5! Valspar samples run for about $3.50 for a little container, so I thought for $5 for a gallon, why not take a chance? It seemed to be perfect. Got to the register and found out it was $4.50! I thought I hit the jackpot!

Well.








I get home, primed an area and begin to paint and my feeling of being trilled disappeared. It turned out to be more of a bubblegum pink and not a peach like I had in mind and not what the name entailed.

I'm going to see if it dries better, if I'm not happy I am going to donate it to Habirat for Humanity. Oh well. At least it was cheap.

So. This is why I will always pay for samples. Paint looks different on the wall then on the card. No big loss here thank goodness if this does turn into a fail.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment