Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Homemade Egg Fried Rice!

The other night my husband was craving Chinese food, especially egg fried rice. So I found a recipe on All Recipes and modified it. I used brown rice and I didn't add the soy sauce into the mix. I left it out to add to taste to help with the sodium levels (even reduced sodium has a good amount of sodium still!). It was good and I had the ingredients on hand...and 3 eggs to use up :)

You need:

1.5 cups rice
2 cups frozen vegetables (mine had corn, peas and carrots) I didn't defrost ahead of time, the heat in the pan did that.
3 eggs
Non stick cooking spray
Salt and pepper
Soy sauce

Cook your rice, add to pan sprayed with cooking spray. Over medium heat add the vegetables and mix. Push to one side of pan.

Beat the eggs with a fork in a separate bowl. On the other side of the pan, pour the eggs in and let it sit and let settle for 3-5 minutes. Mix in egg with the rice and vegetables, stir and break the egg up. Add salt and pepper and soy sauce to taste.

Adapted from All Recipes.com









No comments:

Post a Comment