Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Make it your own

So. I saw this pretty wall decoration at Target a few months ago. Loved it. But for $19.99? 


No way. Well. I found it on an end cap randomly at the small target in town (we have 3!) for $5.98. 


Love those red clearance stickers!

The white was too blah for my taste. Since our living room will be grey and purple I decided to paint it. 

I went to lowes and got my purple paint sample. I love getting samples over spry paint because a) it's cheaper b) you get more paint and c) you can pick your shade. (Usually spray paint has 1 or 2 shade options-samples have way more!)

I picked sweet violet from yep, valspar. 





I primed the flower first. I like to prime especially if it's something that's not normally painte. Even if the paint has primer. And primer is cheap. 



I had to be generous with the paint to get into the design. It took 2 coats. 





I let it dry and then we hung it. I plan on getting some pretty candle chandeliers for each side. I've found a few I am considering :)



Love it. Make it your own! That's the joy of paint. And I have a ton of purple for something else. 


Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment