Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Recap and House Projects!

Wow. I miss my family already. I enjoyed having them here so so much. I missed them a lot. 

My dad loves doing house projects and was more then happy to help us which was great as of course, we have a huge list. 

My parents overdid themselves. They really did. 

We now have a smoke detector in every room and every hallway. But that's boring. ;)

We now have curtains in both bathrooms. Both windows had blinds that were falling down. We really don't need a cover as they are frosted windows, but they look pretty and are such an inexpensive way to brighten up a room. 


Here is the guest bathroom. Our bathroom has the same window and same curtain but in chocolate brown. 




We also got a new mailbox! The one we had before was falling over and was actually rotting away. I like how our new mailbox has a newspaper slot. 





My parents also bought us a new light fixture/fan for over our kitchen table. The connections over the table only work for a fan, so I found a really pretty one I love. 





For myself at target, I bought this top and the famous glitter sandal. 






Not only did we get a lot of house stuff done, we went to the mall, out for dinner, and celebrated H's birthday.  My mom has those photos but I do have this from when we went out for pizza. 



And of course I voluenteered at Habitat for Humanity Saturday, but I only stayed half the shift because of family. I got to now the lawn :)

What a weekend! I miss my family so much. I come from a big, Italian family so being alone like this with everyone back home is tough. 


Sigh.

I had an amazing weekend full of love.  Hope everyone had a great one as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment