Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lamp Makeover

So as we start to build our nest, we have gotten some hand me downs. Some went right to Goodwill (after a sincere thank you of course) and some we have kept. 

My great aunt-the one who happens to live to the same city we moved to-gave us 2 of these lamps. 





I didn't think they were so bad. The shape and size were great but the outdated gold and shade? No. That had to go. 

So.  Off to Lowes I went. 

Our living room is now grey (we painted it when we moved in) but with touches of green, beige and I plan on throwing some pink in there too. 

I went and got Valspar (of course) spray paint. I painted the base with primer (already had) and then spray painted. It took about 3 coats. Of course I covered up the wire and any hardware and removed what hardware I could and the lightbulb. The paint has primer but I still like to do a coat of primer. I also did some silver glitter. 





Then I went to Lowes and got the lampshades on clearance and I think they look great. 

Installed the lampshade and here was the final result:




I am happy with the result. Project cost about $20 total. I am not crafty or DIY at all so I am learning :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 comment: