Saturday, May 18, 2013

TJMaxx Haul and Habitat for Humanity



I have a love/hate relationship with Tjmaxx. 

I love their deals, selection and ours here is a great location. 

I hate the layout, the tiny fitting rooms and the crowd it generates. Also it has sooo many Ralph Lauren polo shirts, logoed cable knit sweaters and pony T-shirts. We get it. They make it affordable. But is a whole section of the store devoted to 'the pony' necessary? Just an observation. 


Anyway. 


Back home in NC in my small town, a Tjmaxx came to the mall. It's hard to call it a mall, it's not good at all. Now, it wasn't a big store by any means, but it was good. And it was a big deal to the town. I mean. Huge. 

Now here in FL we have pretty much 2 of everything. It is grand. It's nice not having to drive 45 minutes to another town for something. 

So after I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity this morning, I stopped into TJmaxx. As suspected, it was pretty crowded but I was able to find some good stuff and was able to navigate the crowd. 

Today at Habitat it was yard work day. We pulled up the dead old grass with a special rake, and then applied round up. The landscape expert (Yes. They have one) is going to roll out the new grass tomorrow. The appliances also went in, which of course was exciting to all of us ladies ;)

I have been volunteering every Saturday. I should blog about it more to get more awareness of this great organization I have been apart of for so long. 

Back to TJmaxx.....my big score was this mint green Kate Spade wristlet for $49.99. More of a luxury then a need but I love it. I also picked up this cute striped dress (perfect for FL weather!) and this
polka dot top. 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment