Sunday, May 19, 2013

Guest Bathroom Project-done!

I am so happy to say that our guest bathroom is done! After our kitchen Reno a new vanity and double sink is on the list to be done. 

We wanted to keep this budget friendly. But I wanted to make it very hotel-like and serene as well. 

The first tip is always take free help when they offer. I have a friend who came and helped paint. We also painted the ceiling. 

Part of the reason this was budget friendly is because the sellers left behind so. Much. Paint. Not exaggerating. They left behind tons of (many opened) paint, tools, cleaning supplies, tile and cement. We used the ceiling paint they left to paint the ceiling. 

The second way we saved money was by using the paint clearance table. People order paint and either a) don't like it or b) don't pick it up so it gets sold as I huge discount. Instead of the paint being $30-40 for the gallon, it was only $5.00. Of course it's hit or miss, but lately I have had luck. 

The wall art was a gift from my mother in law, the shower curtain and bathroom set was a gift from my grandma. We also got many towels for our wedding from our registry then my mother in law decided that we needed more and got us a ton of blue towels, so that's why we stuck to this color scheme. The candle and holder are old from Target. 

I am very happy with how this turned out for under $100. 










No comments:

Post a Comment